When I moved to SoCal I was scared of driving on the (nominally) right side of the road, since we in Oz drive on the left. A friend suggested a brilliant idea: put an attention-grabbing object on the curb-side of the dashboard. The object is like a little god in a shrine dedicated to keeping me out of incoming traffic. This blog is like that.

Sunday 6 October 2013

We have achieved extraction.

This!  This is a double-shot espresso.  The stuff on top is called 'crema' and it is the tasty bit.  It is bitter, yet it does not taste like insect shells.  It is coffee.

I made it with a cheap-as $89 proper espresso machine from Macy's, and some ultra-premium coffee (sadly, ground over a month ago.)

It tastes good!  You don't *need* fluffy milk to go with it, it tastes so good.

Someone in the USA ought to learn to make something like it, with crema.  I'd even pay for a cup of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment